Wednesday 29 October 2008

And we're off... day one begins!

It's morning in Stresa, Italy, and morning is indeed broken, or at least the clouds are, because it's very, very rainy! Still, it's all go inside, where badges are being alphabetised, welcome packs assembled, the stage paced by nervous speakers and Internet connections are being alternately blessed and cursed...

Registration is due to begin at 11, but we're expecting a few early comers who will want to be registered and ready to go by the time the first shelter visit leaves. We'll be ready for them! The two visits today will run alongside workshops in Tellington Touch, Feline Infectious Diseases, Shelter Building in a Rescue Environment and First Aid for Dogs and Cats. Not to worry if you haven't managed to register first thing, though, as someone will be manning the desk until 5pm.

I'll be floating around the workshops blogging away, so if you want to know more about the content bookmark this page and check back. As long as the WiFi doesn't fail me (and I have faith it won't!), I'll be bringing you a regular dose of news from the conference.

Well, except when I'm the one speaking. *Quakes*

Alexandra Roumbas, Dogs Trust

1 comment:

Tommy Lee said...

I am afraid that this statement is not correct "I'll be floating around the workshops blogging away, so if you want to know more about the content bookmark this page and check back. As long as the WiFi doesn't fail me (and I have faith it won't!), I'll be bringing you a regular dose of news from the conference.".
dog microchipping